We will be happy to advise you in person:
+41 41 228 09 94
Being active and practising mindfulness and conscious relaxation
Podcasts with relaxation and mindfulness exercises
- Exercise: focusing on positive images
- Effect: improvement in well-being, reduction in stress levels
- Duration: approx. 15 minutes
Guided Imagery (ca. 21 MB)
- Exercise: breathing exercise
- Effect: increase in inner calm
- Duration: approx. 6 minutes
Short meditation (ca. 2 MB)
Progressive muscle relaxation
- Exercise: tensing and relaxing muscle groups
- Effect: feeling of relaxation
- Duration: approx. 12 minutes
Progressive muscle relaxation (ca. 3 MB)
- Exercise: mindfulness exercise
- Effect: reduction in stress levels, increase in inner calm
- Duration: approx. 35 minutes
Body scan (ca. 11 MB)
- Exercise: focusing on walking
- Effect: increase in inner calm
- Duration: approx. 7 minutes
Walking meditation (ca. 2 MB)
Setting a goal – step by step
1. Setting a goal – step by step
Set yourself a realistic goal that is achievable and appropriate for your level of motivation. Formulate it in an active and positive way. Ideally you should quantify your goal so that you can measure your success in achieving it.
- From tomorrow, I will go for at least three brisk, 30-minute walks per week.
- From now on, I will do a relaxation exercise at least once a day.
- From now on, I will drink at least 1.5 litres of water or unsweetened tea every day.
- From next week onwards, I will go to a yoga course with a friend at least once a week.
2. Planning – create appointmentsMake an exact plan of when you want to do the activity in question and create appointments in your diary. Ideally, you should plan for the following week at the end of each week.
3. Having a plan B – expect to hit some obstaclesThink about which obstacles you might face from the outset and make a plan B. If you have set yourself the goal of playing badminton with your friend once a week and they can’t make it, you could go jogging for 30 minutes instead.
4. Monitoring – reflect on your progress every week
At the end of each week, take some time to reflect on whether you have achieved your goal.
- If you have, congratulations! Be proud of yourself and keep up the good work.
- If you have not, could your goal have been too ambitious? If it was, then you should adjust it. Or did you encounter some unexpected obstacles? Then take these into account in your planning for the coming week.
5. Persevering – failure is part of the process
Trying to lead a healthier lifestyle is hard work. Don’t let failures get you down and keep up your motivation by reminding yourself again and again why you want to change your habits. Be confident that you will manage it!
Would you like to set your health goal in consultation with an expert and have them monitor your progress? Give us a call: +41 41 228 09 94.
Federal government recommendations on healthy living
- Recommendations on nutrition (available in German, French and Italian)
- Exercise recommendations for adults, older adults and children/young people (available in German)
Give us your feedback: What experiences have you had with the CONCORDIA Health Compass? Do you have questions about using it?
What suggestions do you have for us? Or maybe you didn't find what you were looking for?
Call us on +41 41 228 09 94. Or write your message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would be happy to provide further assistance.