Protection from loss of earnings
Individual Daily Allowance Insurance
In many cases, an incapacity to work means having to get by with less income. Daily allowance insurance offers financial security in the event of incapacity to work due to illness, pregnancy complications or accident.
Calculate premiums now
Daily allowance insurance is available in four variants:
- STANDARD Daily Allowance Insurance
- PLUS Daily Allowance Insurance
- Daily Allowance Insurance for the Agricultural Sector
- Voluntary Daily Allowance Insurance (KVG/LAMal)
- Particularly for employees whose daily allowance insurance coverage with their employer covers less than 100 % of their wages, or employees who have no daily allowance insurance policy with their employer
- CONCORDIA pays a maximum of benefits totalling the wage lost.
- Particularly for self-employed persons as well as heads of households
- CONCORDIA pays the stipulated benefit in any case – independent of the amount of the loss of earnings accrued
- No reduction of daily allowance amounts with benefits from other private and social insurances
- No proof of earnings lost is required
- Particularly suitable for persons who are gainfully employed or who run a household at an agricultural business
- CONCORDIA pays no more than the loss of earnings accrued
- Possibility to choose the daily allowance amount up to a maximum of CHF 30
- CONCORDIA pays no more than the loss of earnings accrued.
Frequently asked questions:
I am employed. Should I take out daily allowance insurance?It makes sense to take out daily allowance insurance if you are not insured or not fully insured via your em-ployer, as this will give you financial security in the event that you lose income due to incapacity to work.
Can self-employed people take out daily allowance insurance?Yes, it is very important that they do. The same goes for people who are self-employed on a part-time basis if their entire income isn’t covered via an employer. Loss of income can have very severe consequences for self-employed people.
When can I take out daily allowance insurance?You are free to choose when your policy should take effect and how high the insured daily allowance should be.