Smart telemedicine with smartDoc
With the smartDoc basic insurance model, you decide when, where and how to take care of your medical concerns. Save time in the waiting room and contact the Medgate digital health practice via the CONCORDIA Medgate app or by telephone. The smartDoc telemedicine model enables you to benefit from attractive premiums.
I am interested in the smartDoc basic insurance model:
smartDoc – how you benefit
Telemedicine model: virtual doctor’s appointment with smartDoc
You can obtain specialist medical advice without contacting Medgate beforehand in the following situations:
- Gynaecological checks
- Obstetric care
- Dental examination
- Ophthalmologist appointment for glasses and contact lenses
- Paediatrician treatment up to the age of 18
- Point of contact: insured persons with smartDoc insurance must always contact the Medgate digital health practice first when they have health concerns – either by phone on +41 41 228 18 28 or via the CONCORDIA Medgate app.
- Treatment: Medgate advises the insured person and determines which medical treatments are required.
- Medicines: insured persons with smartDoc insurance must use low-cost medicines such as generics or biosimilars if they are available and suitable. These medicines have the same composition of active substances as the corresponding original medicines and are just as effective. Further information on generics is provided here (German). The Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH) keeps a list (German) of medicines with an increased retention fee. If the insured person chooses a medicine of this kind for which a cheaper alternative product is available, only 50% of the costs will be covered.
- Doctor’s appointment: If required, over 3,000 doctors from all specialist fields are available for a physical consultation within the Medgate Partner Network. Costs are not covered for other service providers (see Art. 9 of the smartDoc Supplementary Regulations).
- Cost contribution: the remote medical consultations (telephone, video or chat consultation) are subject to a charge, just like visits to a doctor’s practice. They are charged via Tarmed. You participate in the costs via the deductible and the retention fee.
- Tariffs: on working days, a daytime teleconsultation costs CHF 50 on average. Consultations at night between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m., at weekends and on bank holidays are subject to a surcharge. For telephone consultations, insured persons must also pay the usual call charges. By contrast, digital consultations via the appointment scheduling function and the symptom checker are free of charge for insured persons with smartDoc insurance.
- Area covered: smartDoc insurance can be taken out anywhere in Switzerland (see Art. 3.1 of the smartDoc Supplementary Regulations).
How you benefit with smartDoc
- With the Medgate health practice, you no longer have to spend time sitting in the waiting room.
- The Medgate doctors are there for you around the clock.
- If required, you will receive an appointment for a virtual or physical consultation within an acceptable period of time.
- You decide how to contact Medgate: by telephone, video call or chat.
- Use the simple and efficient CONCORDIA Medgate app for all your medical problems.
- Cut costs by avoiding unnecessary visits to the doctor and treating yourself or get a direct and fast referral to a specialist.
- You will also benefit from attractive premiums.
I am interested in the smartDoc basic insurance model:
Overview of smartDoc benefits
You can take out the smartDoc telemedicine model with effect from 1 January of every year. Calculate your smartDoc premium easily with our premium calculator or get advice from a CONCORDIA agency.
Download CONCORDIA overview of benefits as a PDF.
How to take out a smartDoc policyYou can switch to the smartDoc model with effect from 1 January of every year. We recommend that you submit your application to do this to a CONCORDIA agency by the end of November.
Outpatient treatment – conventional medicine
Inpatient treatment – hospital staysGeneral ward at a hospital according to the cantonal hospital list.
Alternative treatment methods, complementary medicineAnthroposophic medicine, homoeopathy, phytotherapy, acupuncture and medicinal therapy of Traditional Chinese Medicine when practised by doctors with the appropriate additional training.
- CHF 150 for childbirth preparation course with a midwife
- 3 breastfeeding consultations with a midwife or nurse
- Basic coverage as per statutory benefits for home or outpatient birth
- Medication prescribed by a doctor and covered by mandatory health care insurance
- Insured persons with smartDoc insurance are obliged to choose low-cost medicines. Generics, comparable low-priced original drugs and biosimilars count as low-cost medicines. The Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH) keeps a list (German) of medicines with an increased retention fee. If the insured person chooses a medicine of this kind for which a cheaper alternative product is available, only 50% of the costs will be covered. This provision does not apply if the original drug with an increased retention fee is essential for the insured person for medical reasons.
Vaccinations, including for travelVaccinations in accordance with the statutory benefits.
Preventive medical care, check-upsBasic coverage in accordance with statutory benefits.
Dental treatmentFor certain illnesses and in case of dental accident: outpatient treatment and inpatient treatment in a hospital as per the cantonal hospital list.
Glasses, contact lensesUp to the age of 18: CHF 180/year
Treatment abroad in emergencies
- In EU/EFTA countries, the insurance card is necessary.
- Within EU/EFTA countries: with European insurance health card: rates of the respective countries
- Outside of EU/EFTA countries: max. of double the rate in Switzerland (inpatient treatment: max. 90% of the costs that the hospital stay would have generated in Switzerland)
Costs of search and rescue operations and ambulance transport (Switzerland)
- Rescue costs: 50 %, max. CHF 5,000/year
- Transport costs: 50 %, max. CHF 500/year
- Spa cures: CHF 10/day, max. 21 days/year, doctor and therapy costs
- Convalescence cures: doctor and therapy costs
Home nursing, home helpHome nursing (Spitex): basic coverage in accordance with statutory benefits.
Medical aidsBasic coverage in accordance with statutory benefits.
Cost contribution, deductible
- Deductibles up to the age of 18: CHF 0, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 or 600 per calendar year; 10% retention fee, maximum of CHF 350 per calendar year
- Deductibles from the age of 18: CHF 300, 500, 1,000, 1,500, 2,000 or 2,500 per calendar year; 10% retention fee, maximum of CHF 700 per calendar year
CONCORDIA Medgate App
- Available 24/7
- Prescriptions and medical certificates
- Personal treatment plan
- Symptom checker
- Customisable profile
- Your health data
Book your doctor’s consultation easily via the CONCORDIA Medgate app – directly and up to 48 hours in advance.
If required, you can upload photos, videos or audio recordings and transmit them together with the appointment booking.
The Medgate doctor will contact you punctually at the time of your appointment.
If required, the Medgate doctor will issue a prescription, medical certificate or referral (e.g. for physiotherapy) for you.
You will receive medical certificates and referrals directly in the CONCORDIA Medgate app after the consultation.
Following the doctor’s consultation, you will receive your personal treatment plan in the CONCORDIA Medgate app. You will then have all required information about the recommended treatment to hand.
As an insured person with smartDoc telemedicine insurance, you can also adjust your treatment plan directly in the app.
Enter your symptoms in the app and receive a recommendation straight away, thus saving both time and costs.
If you have symptoms of a respiratory illness, the symptom checker will activate a respiratory diagnosis test (ResAppDx). As part of this test, you must cough into the microphone of your smartphone. The app will then analyse your cough and make the results available to the Medgate doctor who treats you.
Set up profiles for yourself and your family members in the app.
Save information about allergies, medicines, etc., in a secure manner so that the doctor treating you is already informed about them before the teleconsultation.
Make a note of your favourite doctors so that you can book your next teleconsultation directly with them.
Connect your wearables, apps and sensors to the CONCORDIA Medgate app and make your health data available to the Medgate doctors.
During a teleconsultation, the Medgate doctors will take your health data into account where it makes sense to do so, enabling them to improve the advice and treatment they give you.
The CONCORDIA Medgate app provides a practical overview of all of your health data that has been recorded.