myDoc Family Doctor model
The myDoc Family Doctor model, a variant of basic insurance, stands for cost-effective medical services in a familiar environment. Nobody knows you better than your family doctor. For this reason, you always turn to your doctor first in the event of illness or medical issues, and they will only refer you to specialists if necessary. This way, myDoc provides you with security and allows you to save on premiums.
Calculate premiums now
Family Doctor Model – Your Benefits
You can go directly to another doctor or to the hospital without a referral from your family doctor in the following situations:
- in the event of an emergency
- for gynaecological check-ups
- for obstetric care
- to the ophthalmologist for the prescription of glasses and contact lenses
- for the treatment of children at the paediatrician
You must observe the following when you take out myDoc:
- Choose the myDoc doctor of your choice from the list of doctors. The myDoc doctor list is updated regularly.
- You must notify CONCORDIA of the doctor that you have chosen. This also applies when changing doctors.
- You undertake to always contact your indicated doctor first; the exceptions are listed above.
Frequently asked questions
What is the family doctor model?myDoc family doctor insurance is a cost-effective alternative to basic insurance. Under this model, your family doctor is always your first point of contact. He or she will decide whether or not to refer you to a specialist. This coordinated process saves time and costs. For that reason, insured persons who choose myDoc benefit from attractive premium discounts.
Who is the family doctor model suitable for?The family doctor model is particularly suitable if you always go to the same family doctor. He or she will then refer you to a specialist if required.
Which deductibles are available in the family doctor model?In the family doctor model, you can choose from the same deductibles as you can for ordinary basic insurance, i.e. CHF 300, 500, 1,000, 1,500, 2,000 and 2,500.
How can I take out a myDoc policy?You can switch to the myDoc model with effect from 1 January of every year. We recommend that you submit your application to do this to a CONCORDIA agency by the end of November.
Can I change family doctor during the year?If you are already insured under the myDoc model, you can change family doctor with effect from the first of the following month. Please contact your agency to do so.